Job Category: Quality Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location: Lisburn
Job Salary: Up To £30,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Summary of the Role
Ensure the successful management of the Quality and Technical function including food safety, legal compliance, relevant quality related standards and product specification delivery. You will work with a variety of people at all levels, including Managers, staff, Retail Kitchen, Customers and supply chain to deliver great products to the highest quality.
- Ensure the delivery of product for sale within specification.
- Ensure that equipment calibration is carried out as required (including scales, probes, water meter, chemical concentration etc.)
- Manage relevant quality standards, e.g. HACCP to ensure food safety, statutory & Company standards are maintained.
- Produce production/working specifications as required and identify and record any product and or service quality problems.
- Ensure suitable product traceability records are maintained throughout the supply chain and maintaining a product recall system.
- Ensure the necessary product testing is completed on time (including Micro / Swabs / allergen / speciation analysis etc.), maintaining suitable records & trends and communicating non-conformances appropriately and conducting root cause analysis reports
- Carry out supplier audits based on risk analysis.
- Co-ordinate internal audits including regular hygiene audits, glass audits and housekeeping / GMP checks.
- To ensure pest control visits take place and ensure agreed recommendations of the pest control company are implemented.
- Monitoring factory and staff hygiene standards on at least a daily basis and informing production / Kitchen / cleaning staff of any areas that require attention.
- Support Product development & NPD function including line trials through to factory production.
- Co- ordinate external audits/visits to ensure positive outcome e.g. Liaise with external bodies in relation to food safety issues e.g. DEARA, EHO, Trading Standards.
- Check all labelling for legal compliance including weight declaration, allergen / nutritional information, contact details, product description etc.
- Produce product / material / ingredient specifications as required.
- Co- Ordinate all Food Safety Training and Refresher training
- Observe, act, and immediately report any issues that may pose a threat to a safe working environment
- Ensure that the circumstances of any accidents or incidents are recorded in detail, reported via specified methods and that any supporting documentation is completed promptly, including any statutory returns.
- Undertake any other duties, as considered by the Directors to be within scope of role.
- New developments and changes to customer requirements mean that processes and their associated tasks and functions do not remain static. In order to remain flexible, responsive and competitive, Carnbrooke Meats reserves the right to adapt roles and responsibilities in response to operational changes and there is a reasonable expectation of adaptation to new or modified working methods as required.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Degree in Food related discipline (Food Science, Food Technology, etc.)
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 3
- Detailed knowledge of Quality Standards/ HACCP/ Food Safety, auditing & Inspection
- IT proficient and competent in use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to manage tasks & projects independently
- Ability to show initiative and demonstrate problem solving skills
- HACCP Level 3 qualification
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 Hour Shift
- Operations Manager
No direct reports